Before Your Home is Listed
My Commitment to You
I can assist YOU:
- By meeting with you to go over the selling process including tips on getting your home ready to sell which enables you to get top dollar.
- In understanding the housing market by reviewing with you comparable home sales and the competition on the market for sale with features similar to your home.
- By detailing the other marketing activities that expose your home to local buyers and agents including multiple listing services, a Royal LePage Performance Realty yard sign, a professional marketing brochure on your home (includes coloured pictures, highlighted features, floor plan layout) and more.
- Once an offer is received on your home, I will promptly walk you through the offer process including explaining the offer, discussing pros and cons of the offer, prepare a counter offer (if necessary), preparing required disclosures, answering any questions you have about what happens from this point to closing.
- When the offer (or counter offer) has been accepted I will continue communicating with you to keep you informed and up-to-date, assist you in scheduling the required inspections (if necessary), coordinate inspector and/or appraiser appointments for you, schedule an appointment with you to sign your closing papers and keep in touch with you after the closing for any assistance needed.
I will sell your home:
- At the highest possible price.
- In the shortest period of time.
- With the most favourable terms.
Before Your Home is Listed
- First impressions are important! Remember, when a prospect comes to look at your house, the first thing they will see is your home’s front door! Be sure that it is fresh and clean. Be sure your lawn and landscaping is well manicured and trim looking. Be sure your yard is free of refuse and leaves. If it snowed, be certain that you’ve removed the ice and snow from walk and steps.
- What you show is what you get! Faded walls and worn woodwork will reduce the appeal of your home. Why try to tell a prospect how your home could look ... when you can show him a reasonable amount of redecoration? A quicker sale at a higher price will result. Invest in wallpaper in the kitchen or bathroom. It will pay dividends for you.
- Let the sun shine in! Open those drapes and curtains all the way, so the prospect can see how bright and cheerful your home is.
- Fix that leaky faucet! Since dripping water discolours sinks and suggests faulty or worn-out plumbing.
- Little things mean a lot. Take a few minutes to check to be sure that your doors don’t stick or have loose knobs on them. Don’t forget your windows and cabinet drawers. Get all those minor flaws fixed since they detract from your home’s value.
- Safety first and always! Keep stairways clear and clean since this will avoid injuries around your home, as well as avoid detracting by distraction.
- From top to bottom. Display your attic, basement and other utility space (including crawl spaces) by removing all unnecessary articles. A coat of paint can do wonders if your basement is dark and dreary.
- Big closets! Make them look bigger by having them neat and well organized to show that your home has ample closet space.
- Bathrooms sell homes. Make these rooms sparkle! Check and repair any damaged or discoloured caulking in the bathtubs and showers and be sure that the towels and area rugs are bright.
- Bedrooms shouldn’t sleep! Keep these rooms bright and cheerful. Remove any excess furniture and be sure and use attractive and colourful bedspreads and fresh curtains.
- Shine on! Your home’s illumination can be a “welcome” sign to that prospective buyer! Turn on all your outside and inside lights when showing your home at night and they will feel a glowing warmth as a result of your lighting.
I am committed to offer the highest standards of professional service to all of my customers. To assure you that your property is marketed to its full potential to obtain the highest possible market value, the following services will be completed:
- Prepare CMA to establish fair market value.
- Prepare and sign listing contract.
- Send listing contract to MLS Board.
- Place “For Sale” sign on property.
- Place lock box on property, if required.
- Notify the Top Agents of this new listing.
- Schedule property for viewing.
- Schedule property for MLS tour.
- Notify all agents as soon as property is listed.
- Mail out “Just Listed” flyers to neighbourhood.
- Place add in local paper.
- Phone all potential buyers with details of listing.
- Hold open houses, if required.
- Arrange showing for other agents.
- Contact owner(s) regularly with verbal progress reports.
- Prepare and deliver Market Service report to owner(s).
- Review marketing activities with owner(s).
- Pre-qualify potential buyers.
- Present and discuss all offers on property with owner(s).
- Negotiate the transaction with other agent.
- Confirm that all contingencies on sales contract are completed.
- Finalize the closing.
- Arrange for relocation agent, if required.
- Other services...
My Commitment to You
- Accurate Evaluation. The correct selling price of a home is the highest price that the market will bear. To assist you in determining the correct asking price I provide you with a comprehensive market analysis of comparable properties sold and offered for sale in your neighbourhood.
- Professional Advice. I will advise you of any necessary repair and how you may best prepare your home for showing. You will be kept up to date on the state of the market, the sale of similar properties and any other factors which may affect the progress of the sale.
- Promotion Of Your Home To Other Realtors. The major selling points of your home will be distributed to other real estate firms throughout the community.
- Signage. The highly respected Royal LePage Performance Realty advertises your property 24 hours a day.
- Notify Purchasers. I will use our advanced computer system to identify people who have been looking for homes in your neighbourhood. They will be contacted and given the details of your property.
- Agents Open Houses. If appropriate, open houses will be arranged and held during reasonable hours.
- Advertising. I will advertise your home in appropriate publications and communicate the results to you.
- Progress Report. Every step in the sales effort will be documented and I will provide you, on a regular basis, with our Progress Report.
- Pre-Approved Mortgages And Financing Guidance. We offer pre-approved mortgages which encourage buyers by letting them know the mortgage potential in advance. Your Royal LePage realtor in conjunction with our on site mortgage broker services will provide professional financing guidelines to both the buyer and the seller.